Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Flower Minus the Power

My new apartment has a HUGE (8 ft x 8 ft) window in the living room that is screaming for an awesome window treatment!  I searched and searched and couldn't find curtain panels that I was truly in love w/.  I thought about buying printed fabric and just sewing panels, but the cost of that for a window that size would have been ridiculous!  So I bought 2 plain white panels at Big Lots for $10 each and decided to paint them instead.


I made pillows for my new sofa and a couple of them have a flower motif.  I didn't want to revert back to when I was 16 and go all flower power groovy, but I thought this pattern was simple yet fun and tied in well w/ my pillows (pictures of those to come later).

As long as I spray white vinegar on the flowers and iron over the acrylic paint, it should be set.  It doesn't wash out of clothes, though, so there shouldn't be a problem.  I just need to iron out the creases and they are ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)