Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not Your Average Dinner Plate

A quick little post about a quick little project that's been several years in the making.  Funny how those project ideas I spend years thinking about can be executed in approximately 20 minutes.

Ain't no secret I'm a thrifter...a garage sale, Goodwill, and Salvation Army junkie. 

Note:  Garage sale season is right around the corner (!!!). 

So, throughout the years I've accumulated a medium sized collection of plates.  Random, pretty, interesting plates that had no other members of its family and were destined to be a part of my decor someday.  That day is today. 

The fact of the matter is, I'm out of wall space.  That's right, our 1100 square foot house has zero wall space left for this plate installation.  So outside I go.  To the back porch, to be exact.  It's the only place that has ample wall area.

I used E-6000 glue (multipurpose, holds everything) to attach a metal picture hanger to the back of each plate, making sure lots of glue oozed through the hole for better security.

The only nails we had in our nail stash were headless.  Not ideal, considering I didn't want the plate to slide right off.  To fix that snafu, I pounded the nails in the wall at an angle so the heavy plates wouldn't (fingers crossed) fall.
Working from left to right, I started with the largest plates first.  And this is where I ended up...

I was trying for a "sweeping" pattern and sorta kinda got there. 

This one is my favorite.  Pretty pastel blue and delicate little flowers in the middle.
 

That's it.  Pretty and simple...my favorite kind of project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)